What is MUSL?
MUSL (for Myriad Users Score Library) is a collaborative Web server, in which musicians who use Myriad products, especially Harmony Assistant, share their musical work with the visitors.
The Web pages in each user space can be viewed by everybody, and their music scores can be displayed and played, as long as the freeware Myriad plug-in is installed.
How to view and hear the scores?
You have to download the Myriad plug-in here and install it on your computer. The plug-in is free, and does not include any advertisement or other kind of nuisance. It runs on Windows (95 to 7) or on Mac OS X, and has been successfully tested on most of the browsers on the market.
Once the plug-in is installed, you just have to visit a page to view, play or print the scores it contains.
How to contact the author of a score?
In the toolbar of each score, this icon lets you send an e-mail to the author, if the latter enabled this feature.
A dialog area also enables the visitors to write comments at the bottom of each page, if the author wishes. These comments are public.
If the author didn't authorize any of these two methods, we can then consider that he do not wish to be contacted. It is therefore useless to ask us to forward your message to him.
What is MYRIAD?
Myriad Software was established in Toulouse (South-West of France) more than 20 years ago. From our beginnings, we have been designing and distributing quality software, and offering innovative services, based on the active participation of the users, collaboration and sharing (more details here).
In the music domain, either for copying scores, composing or arranging, a whole software suite is available, and in particular:
- Harmony Assistant is a complete and powerful score editor, enabling to input, play and print music scores.
- Melody Assistant is a simplified version of Harmony Assistant in which some advanced features are not included. The differences between Melody and Harmony Assistant are described here
- Virtual Singer is an additional module for Harmony or Melody Assistant, that makes the computer actually sing the song lyrics.
- The GOLD Sound Database is a set of high-quality digital sounds, that improve the audio rendering of the Myriad products.
- PDFtoMusic and PDFtoMusic Pro enable, from a PDF file generated by any music software, to rebuild the score and play or export it.
- Melody Player (freeware) is a small application that let you view and play the music scores created by Harmony / Melody Assistant, as well as Midi, ABC, MOD, S3M, XML and MXL files.
- Myriad Music Plug-In (freeware), enables to view, play, print, transpose scores in Harmony / Melody format proposed on the Internet.
This latter program is mandatory to enjoy the scores shared on MUSL.
How to create my own space on MUSL?
Each user creates and manages his space directly from Harmony Assistant. No special technical skill is therefore required.
You must own a license for Harmony Assistant, and have installed the most recent versions (all updates are free of charge). Then, click the "User space management" icon in the "Edit tools" palette.
Copyright and legal framework